Information and Support > 2 Year Old Funding
2 Year Old FREE Early Education and Childcare Places
Play Learn Fun!
Two year old early education places are a new government initiative allowing eligible two year olds (subject to meeting criteria set by the Government) to access 15 hours per week early education over a minimum of 38 weeks per year.
Eligible children can access their entitlement through a variety of childcare providers including; Day Nurseries, Childminders and Pre-Shool Playgroups.
Am I eligible?
You can claim a free place for your child if you are in receipt of one or more of the following:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Working Tax Credits and earn no more than £16,190 a year
- Your child has a current statement of special educational needs (SEN) or an education, health and care plan
- Your family is in receipt of Disability Living Allowance for the child
- A child who has left care through special guardianship or an adoption or residence order
In addition eligibility is based on the date of birth of the child as shown in the table below:
Children who have met the eligibility criteria can continue to receive a place once they have taken it up even if there is a change in circumstances and until the child qualifies for their 3 and 4 year old early education and childcare place.
How do I apply?
- Follow this link to the Doncaster Council Website Online Application
- Print off the Application Form from the top right of this page
- Ask your local Children's Centre for a leaflet which includes an application form that you can fill in and send to us by post
- Speak to Doncaster Council's Families Information Service on:
Freephone: 0800 138 4568
Telephone: 01302 862136 / 862132
Please see the link below to a commercial which has been produced for the 2 year funding:
Follow this link for 3 and 4 Year Old Funding
Last Updated: 08/01/2014