2, 3 and 4 Year Old Funding > 2 Year Old Funding
FREE childcare places for eligible 2 year olds
To Play, Learn and Fun!
Two year old free childcare places are a new government initiative allowing eligible two year olds (subject to meeting criteria set by the Government) to access 15 hours per week of childcare over a minimum of 38 weeks per year.
Eligible children can access their entitlement through a variety of childcare providers including; Day Nurseries, Childminders and Sessional Care provision.
Am I eligible?
You can claim a free place for your child if you are in receipt of one or more of the following:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA)
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
- Have an annual household income under £16,190 and claim Child Tax Credit and / or Working Tax Credit
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- The Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit
- Your child is looked after by the local council
- Yur child has a current statement of special educational need (SEN) or an education, health and care plan
- Your family is in receipt of Disability Living Allowance for the child
- A child who has left care through special guardianship order, child arrangement order or adoption order
In addition eligibility is based on the date of birth of the child as shown in the table below:
Children who have met the eligibility criteria can continue to receive a place once they have taken it up even if there is a change in circumstances and until the child qualifies for their 3 and 4 year old early education and childcare place.
How do I apply?
- Follow this link to the Doncaster Council Website Online Application
- Print off the Application Form from the top right of this page
- Ask your local Children's Centre for a leaflet which includes an application form that you can fill in and send to us by post
- Speak to Doncaster Council's Families Information Service on:
Freephone: 0800 138 4568
Telephone: 01302 862136 / 862132
Please see the link below to a commercial which has been produced for the 2 year funding:
Follow this link for 3 and 4 Year Old Funding
Last Updated: 06/08/2015
Links and Information
Tell us what you think!
Your feedback is important to us and helps the way we shape our service. We would be greatful if you could take a few moments to complete the online evaluation survey linked below.